'Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known ' Oscar Wilde
The greatest art is just outside the window here at the Armada, but on days that you want to have a change of scenery, take a wander around our hotel and enjoy our ever growing collection of Art, here are some pieces of note throughout the hotel:
- Kevin Lowery Prints on our bedroom walls.
- Luke Reidy, a local Spanish Point print maker producing bespoke prints, view his pieces on our bedroom corridors
- Shane Gilmore, famed County Clare Sculptor, view his surf pieces in the Ocean Bistro
- Artist Eoin O’Connor's work in on John McCarthy’s Surf Board depicting him surfing the famed Aileen's wave in Doolin
- Our Cliffs of Moher art piece, designed by Restless Design
- Philip Morrison's original piece in the Ocean Bar
- David Olsthorn, Surf Photography in Atlantic Suite Corridor.
- Anne O’Connell’s photography for sale in the Pantry.
- Local Artist, John O’Malley’s painting of the Armada bar by the fireside in Johnny Burkes over 50 years old
- Willie Clancy and Micko Russell painting in Johnny Burkes Pub has been part of the hotel for more than 25 years, artist unknown
- Other artists featuring in bedrooms or corridors include Miriam Dowling, Audrey Hamilton, David Coyne.